Monday, June 15, 2009

Simple yet inspirational


(picture taken from http://outdoors.webshots.com)

The picture shows the novels Noli Me Tangere and El Filibusterismo written by our famous National Hero Jose Rizal. This photo I have chosen is the first to came up in my mind when I think of literature and it also complies as a symbol on how I perceive literature. These books have always been a symbol of our freedom and unity that shows us that literature is not just simply for entertainment. It can help us express words that can't be expressed verbally. The same goes with the readers. They may be able to digest the message of the author better than by just hearing it. That is why Jose Rizal was successful, and I think still successful, in unifying us. We were able to make our way to freedom because of the inspiration he had given us. In this simple example, I think we can already conclude how much literature is important in our lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment